Gena Showalter’s Intertwined series is still one of my top YA series EVER…I’m almost heartbroken to write this review knowing that we may never get the final book…
Anywho, here we go! Here’s my review of Twisted (Intertwined #3) by Gena Showalter.
This book is a five star book from me despite the MANY issues this book seems to have. It’s five stars because I find the book highly addicting and really enjoy Gena’s writing. That being said, looking back on this book and knowing that there’s no final book…it really doesn’t deserve the five star rating (in my opinion). I will keep it at it’s five stars, but I will give an updated more recent (like 7-8 years later?) post-rating since I’m going through this book again.
1. This book is a lot darker than the previous two, which helped make this series pop out and become more addicting in my mind.
2. Epic cover. What can I say? Sometimes you DO judge a book by it’s cover.
3. The sudden changes in the characters are both a positive and a negative. I liked the changes, it made some of the characters more likable and it developed their characters. But…the rest is said in the negatives. Of course, there’s a “but…”.
4. This book is action packed, and is definitely one of Gena’s best series. It moves fast enough to keep me interested.
5. I love the couple pairings in this series. This book doesn’t disappoint for expanding on these relationships and make them more addicting.
1. Our characters personalities seem to have randomly changed in this book. It didn’t follow as smoothly to the second book as the second did to the first. I would have loved a final book to explain why this happened…
2. Cancelled series. Yup – if you aren’t happy with cliffhangers, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. If I would have known, I probably wouldn’t have read this series. I absolutely HATE books that end in cliffhangers or where plots are never resolved.
3. The ending.
The positives and the negatives are pretty even for this series, to be brutally honest. It’s a great read for someone who wants to get into Gena’s writing and see the different sides of her that aren’t just her giant Lords of the Underworld series. I would suggest this to those who want a quality YA read!!!
My new rating would be closer to 3.5, especially since Gena never even gave a hint to what the ending would be (since the next book is apparently “never” coming out, and it looks like a literal never at this point).
Visit Gena Showalter on Goodreads! Gena Showalter on Goodreads
Or visit her website! genashowalter.com
Visit my Goodreads page! Briar’s Reviews on Goodreads
Or check out another review you might enjoy! Quick Book Review: Mania (The Night Walkers #3) by JR Johansson