Love on the Tracks is another top tier romance by Tamsen Parker that should not be missed!
I’d hate to say it, but I love this book WAY more than The Compass series (and I was overly obsessed with that book). I didn’t think Tamsen could make me love a book or series more than her original, but she did!
This novel is a contemporary romance that follows a female sports star and a male pop star – something that makes so much sense, but I haven’t seen much in the books I’ve read. Our leads, Rowan and Zane, are a perfect duo that I definitely want to see more of in the future. Our setting, The Snow and Ice Games, introduces us to a unique setting – competition, sports stadiums, Olympic tones, etc. Our antagonists are not bad guys, and are merely trying to do their best under what they think is the right thing. Every inch of this story feels more realistic than most romances I’ve torn through in the past few years.
1. Luge/Sports – I really liked the introduction of a sport that most people don’t really think about on a day to day basis.
2. Strong Female Lead – Yes, India was an excellent character written by Tamsen but she had her faults (which is what made her so good, FYI) but Rowan is stronger, knows what she wants and has her head on straight (for now, anyways).
3. Lighthearted, Engaging Story – I enjoy a sweet novel that doesn’t make you cringe at every turn. This book is so sweet, so simple, and an overall lovely story to make you feel good.
4. Respect – Also, if you haven’t noticed many novels don’t have the level of respect between the two leads like this book does. A+ for effort Tamsen!!
1. Speed – I found some portions of this book was a little fast (no spoilers), but there are more books in the series to explore different issues among characters, competitions, etc.
Overall, this book is a fantastic, romance read for all you romance enthusiasts! This book does not disappoint!!!
Five out of five stars!
I received a copy of this story through NetGalley for an honest review.
Did you enjoy this book? Check out another you might enjoy! #BookReview In Her Court by Tamsen Parker
Check out Tamsen Parker on Goodreads! Tamsen Parker on Goodreads
Or visit her website! TamsenParker.com