The Goddess Inheritance is the final book in the Goddess Test trilogy.
I really liked the idea behind this story – Persephone and Hades’s relationship but in a YA novel. At the time, it was kind of mind blowing for me. I was used to seeing vampire novels pop up everywhere, so this was a nice change.
So, that being said – let’s look over the positives and negatives in this story. This MAY contain minor spoilers – so beware.
1. This series had a really nice ending. I didn’t feel like anything was left wide open and it wasn’t an ending that destroyed me and made me hate Aimee Carter! Great job!!!
2. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! I like this series covers, so if you judge by covers this might be the series for you!
3. I really like Henry. I almost want a book just centered around a character like him and watch his character continue to grow. I felt like his character was WAY more likable than Kate, and we’re following her story…
4. The side characters got more action in this book!! Gotta love when the author actually uses their side characters instead of throwing them away to focus on the main duo.
1. Man was this book SLOW. This whole series isn’t the fastest paced or most addicting, but still book felt drawn out. This story felt like it could have been finished in two novels.
2. Kate is annoying, at least to me. I didn’t find that her character developed enough over the three books, and she still felt just as whiny as the first novel. I kind of hoped for some wild character development in this book since the last book didn’t have very much, so I was left disappointed. Perhaps she’s almost…too flawed?
Overall, this book is a great romance YA novel. It’s not super action-packed. It’s definitely a good fit for the romance section. I need to read more by Aimee Carter soon, I just never seem to be able to have the time! At least it’s nice to see her books pop up a LOT in my local book stores. She’s always on the shelves!!
I definitely recommend this entire series to fans of YA, especially those who want a great romantic read!
Five out of five stars.
Check out Aimee Carter’s Goodreads page! Aimee Carter on Goodreads
Or visit her website! AimeeCarter.com
Give her a shoutout on twitter! @Aimee_Carter
Check me out on Goodreads! Briar’s Reviews on Goodreads
Did you enjoy this review? Let me know on twitter! @ReviewAlholic
Why not look at another review you might enjoy? March Manga Book Review: The Infernal Devices Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare