*Arc courtesy of Tamsen Parker/NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Why am I reading a book about winter games in freezing weather when I’m cold and dreaming of the summer? Because Tamsen Parker has another wonderful book out! So maybe reading a book about cold isn’t the smartest idea, but Tamsen has some hot and heavy romance in this book to warm you up! (Well, I wish it worked that way…).
1. F-Bombs galore! For me, this was actually one of the more amusing parts. There are some perfectly timed f-bombs for comedic purposes. Ah, how I love Tamsen’s fruity language.
2. I’m not the biggest fan of M/M books (mainly because most of them are trying to follow the “stereotype” of what society has deemed M/M relationships to be) but this one was more realistic (within the scenario). It’s a major plus for this book not to be the stereotypical “norm” that has become some recent M/M books.
3. “Ass-Muffin”. That term, that’s a pro all on it’s own.
4. This book is a rather quick, easy read – I found it to be addicting to the point I wouldn’t put it down.
5. There’s some great comedic tones within this novel. This book is not just hardcore M/M romance scenes page after page, there’s a plot, some sporty goodness and drama all wrapped up into one beautiful bundle. It’s also complex in the character development and back stories. These characters aren’t Mary Sue’s!!!
1. Too Short? I felt the first book in this series was to short, and now this one also felt a little too short. But on a positive note, it’s also not too long…
2. This can be a pro or a con depending on what type of reader you are – there is lots of CHEESE in this book. And by cheese, I mean cheesey dialogue. For me, I love it (mostly because Tamsen does it “right” in my mind) but it can be considered a con by many – so I’ll list it in my con list.
3. Series wise, these books are all focused on different characters. To me, that’s kind of a con considering I love some of these characters and want much more of them. Maybe I can convince Tamsen to make some Infinity War-esque novel of all of these characters… Maybe not. It might be worth a shot though…
4. Two books in a row now have had these sugary sweet endings that all tie up perfectly super quickly. That might be my biggest con of all for some of Tamsen’s books. It’s not a bad thing, but it’s definitely something that could be worked on (can you tell I’m in school exam mode right now with the constructive criticism and feedback? Oh boy).
Overall, this book is hella sexy and definitely worth a read. If you are a fan of romance, M/M, sporty novels or a splash of comedy in with your romance, this book is for you!
Five out of five stars!!
Did you enjoy this review? Why not check out Tamsen Parker on Goodreads! Tamsen Parker on Goodreads
Or check out Tamsen’s website! TamsenParker.comor @ReviewAlholic
Why not give Tamsen or I a shoutout on Twitter while you’re at it?! @TamsenParker
Or check out my Goodreads page for an archive of all of my reviews! Briar’s Reviews on Goodreads
If you enjoyed this review, check out another you might enjoy: HIS CUSTODY by Tamsen Parker Book Review
3 thoughts on “#BookReview Seduction on the Slopes (SIG #2) by Tamsen Parker”