Men in Kilts is a sweet, silly, romance novel that will keep you giggling!
I have always had a strong bond with Katie MacAlister and her books. Her and a few other authors were “there for me” when my Dad was sick, and by them I mean their books. This was one of those books that kept me laughing during a really tough, emotional time. Because of that, my ties to this book are probably a little stronger than they need to be. So, thank you to Katie for writing this book and thank you to luck for letting me find it during my time of need.
Katie is fantastic for silly, light hearted comedy within her romances. This book is probably one of the goofiest, and it had me actually giggling along with every fun comment. The relationships were stereotypical (minus the fact of the kilts and Scottish men), but that didn’t bother me to much. The humour is what set this book out among all of the other romances I was reading at the time.
Are there “negative” points to this book? Yeah.
1. It’s full of humor. That means, if you are looking for a serious, romance novel this isn’t for you. It’s full of slapstick and lighthearted humor, so reader beware!
2. The villain is dull, but this is a romance novel and not an action/adventure (at least in my mind).
1. It’s funny! Some of the scenes are a little wild with it’s humor, but it worked for me.
2. It’s not just a “fall in love, the end” kind of books. There is some plot mixed in with the sex scenes and romantic antics.
3. The book doesn’t take itself too seriously, so it’s easy to read and to have a good time.
Overall, this book is a nice “getaway” book. It’s fun and doesn’t focus on all of the negatives in life. I had gone back to it in Summer 2017 and I still enjoyed it, I just never got around to marking it down.
Five out of five stars.
Comment below with your favourite Scottish-based book!
Did you enjoy this review? Check out another you might enjoy! #BookReview In The Company of Vampires by Katie MacAlister
Use the hashtags #BriarsReviews and #MenInKilts to start a conversation about this book on twitter! @ReviewAlholic
Want to read this book? Purchase it on Amazon: