The Book Review
Blue Haven by Lisa King is one of my top books of 2022!
Blue Haven is the world’s most luxurious and exclusive condo on the market. It only has five residents, and one of them is our main character: Aloe Malone. She is 25-year old introvert who won the lottery and now gets to live in one of the best and most interesting places in the world! This condo complex only gets the best of best – the best food from the most famous of chefs, their own personal stylist who has every expensive designer in house and on speed dial, and the greatest one on one assistant who can get them anything their heart desires. It’s too good to be true… right?
Things start getting weird for Aloe. There’s a man hanging around the island who doesn’t appear to be a resident or the staff. The first condo used to have a woman there, but she has since left… and her journal is hidden under Aloe’s bed. As things get more suspicious, the story begins to unwind and present itself as a fantastic mystery with an extensive backstory.
This sci-fi thriller is so incredible! It kept me on my toes the whole time and I could not put it down. The interesting themes and motives behind this book made it so much cooler than I initially thought of it. What happens with new technology? Will it be used for good and evil? How can we benefit the world? And how do we take care of ourselves? This book will blow you mind! It definitely blew mine.
The positives of this book:
- It’s well paced and the thrills come at just the right time.
- There is the perfect mix of character development and story telling
- There is a pinch of horror, which Lisa does oh so well
- The cast of characters are all lovable. From the staff, to our lead, and the collection of residents in the condo. Learning their back stories will make you ache a little, but these people are so darn delightful, I wish they were all my friends!
- Sci-fi is present, but not in a crazy large amount. I’m not a big fan of sci-fi, and honestly I could barely tell it was there. Lisa did such a great job weaving it into the story that I was able to enjoy it.
- The ending is… Wow! I ended up guessing the ending, but only because I had a feeling of where it might go. I don’t think everyone will be able to see it coming.
Lisa King is easily becoming one of my favourite authors. I am ready and waiting for every book she cranks out and I will be sure to set some time aside for her next book. I am truly a loyal and devoted fan. Her work is majestic!
If you like mystery. suspense and thriller books, pick this one up! It’s the perfect bingable read that will exceed your expectations. If you want to pick up an indie author or a Canadian author, this book is also great to add to your TBR or book club!
Overall, I highly recommend this book. It’s a thrilling ride with the perfect pinch of sci-fi and drama.
Five out of five stars!
I received this book for free from the author, Lisa King, in exchange for an honest review.
Purchase This Book or Find Out More
More By Lisa King
Follow Briar’s Reviews on Social Media