If you know me at all, you know Halloween is my FAVOURITE holiday. I’m a spooky kind of person, so I was pumped for this book! Add in that it’s a continuation of The Underground Toy Society and I am in!
So this time around, there’s Sneaky Snake. He’s lonely and all the kids are scared of him. So, of course, The Underground Toy Society steps in and figures out a plan to get him a new home!
1. The orange background sets the scene for a wonderful Halloween book!
2. The oak tree picture was super creative!
3. I like that another toy found a home in this book. I think it was very sweet and a worth while addition to this series.
1. Jessica gave in to the dreaded children’s rhyming scheme…Hear me out, it’s cute but it drives me crazy (personally). Kids love it though, so it shouldn’t affect your reading pleasure.
2. The pictures don’t appear to be drawn by her kids anymore! I loved the cute aesthetic of the children’s books, but I guess I can settle for some digitally drawn ones. The animals are super cute (especially the dog).
3. For humourous purposes: toy snakes scaring kids?! I must have been one weird kid because one of my favourite stuffies was a snake.
This book was another adorable addition to this wonderful, whimsical series! I especially love that there’s a Halloween edition because so few books get spooky for Halloween! I’d highly recommend this book for three to six year olds.
Four out of five stars!
I received a free copy of this book from the author, Jessica D. Adams, in exchange for an honest review.
Check out more books on my blog that you will totally love if you loved this one:
#Book Review The Underground Toy Society Helps Ellie the Elephant
#BookReview The Underground Toy Society by Jessica D. Adams
Give me a shout out on Twitter if you read this review! #briarsreviews @ReviewAlholic
And like me on Facebook for more urgent updates! @BriarsReviews on Facebook
Or follow me on Goodreads: Briar’s Reviews on Goodreads